CREATE A LASTING TREASURE
To Isabella and Delilah, for your 1st birthday. From one grain of sand come layers of beauty and wonder. Hoping you cherish this gift of Add-A-Pearl forever!
My daughter’s first birthday is next Wednesday, and my husband and I have been looking for that special gift and we’ve found it in Add-A-Pearl! We have decided that we will purchase a pearl or two each year for her birthday up to her 16th. The necklace is not only a sentimental gift but also a wonderful keepsake.
My grandmother had an add-a-pearl necklace which she divided into 2 necklaces for my 2 daughters. She gave one the original chain after she added pearls and the other she purchased a new chain and used the original pearls. What an amazing keepsake! Thanks for all your help. Your company was great.
When my daughter was born, we started her and my mom with Add-A-Pearl necklaces and we love the thought of watching the necklaces grow each year as we add pearls.
I’m so glad to have found your company since I became a godmother recently and have been looking for the perfect gift for my goddaughter.
I have had an Add-A-Pearl necklace since I was a baby, unfortunately it was lost and it is not something that can be replaced easily! I am slowly trying to recreate and love being able to buy directly from your site!
We just purchased an Add-A-Pearl starter necklace for our daughter who is turning one next week! I had one purchased for me for my sweet sixteen, but never added to… we hope to fill hers so she can wear it as a bride one day!
My aunt started a necklace for me in 1952 and it remains in the original box with the brochure and her notes. I now have a goddaughter who will be receiving her First Communion in May and want to add either a central pearl or cross and pass it on to her to continue my aunt’s loving tradition.
1st Birthday!! I’m really looking forward to building my daughter’s necklace with your company.
My niece and I have the same birthday and this is something special I started for her on her 1st birthday. I get an inch of pearls for her every year.
While diamonds might be a girl’s best friend, pearls have been recognized as specially prized gems for centuries longer than any cut stone. Like any jewelry of value, pearls require proper care to keep them looking good. Here are a few guidelines that will ensure that your pearls’ luster lasts a lifetime.
- If you notice your pearls look dull or dirty, you can easily clean them in distilled water using very mild baby soap and a soft cloth. Then rinse the pearls in distilled water, pat them dry and lay them out until the string is completely dry.
- Gently wipe pearls with a soft cloth to remove any dirt before putting them away.
- Pearls are a soft gem and should be stored away from other objects that may scratch the pearls’ surface. Wrap the pearls in a soft cloth, or place in a soft pouch. Do not store pearls in an airtight package because pearls need moisture. If the environment is too dry, the pearls may crack.
- Keep pearls away from chlorine, bleach, vinegar, hairspray, ammonia, perfume, and cosmetics, as these substances will damage the pearl surface. Make sure to put pearls on after you have finished spraying perfume or hairspray and putting on makeup.
- Restring pearls on a regular basis to maintain a clean and strong necklace. Be sure to have each pearl knotted separately with silk so they do not rub together and erode the pearl nacre. If pearls are very small, knots between each pearl may not be desirable or necessary.